Logan Airport Info to Make Travelling Easier
Boston Logan is the busiest airport in New England, serving 30 million passengers a year. Here are some tips to make traveling through BOS easier.
Popular Travel Times:
- Busiest days and times: Weekdays 6:00 to 8:30 AM and 4:00-7:00 PM; Sundays 4:00-7:00 PM.
- April is a heavy travel month.
Busiest Times: Weekdays 7:00-9:00 AM, 3:00-5:00 PM.
Security Tips and Checkpoint Wait Times
- TSA screening times vary, depending day of the week and time of day. Always allow at least 20 minutes for security, but you can do a same-day check of screening line times at:
- Logan’s pre-security area is open 24 hours, but TSA security checkpoints typically open an hour before the first departure.
Make TSA screening easier on everyone:
- Have your boarding pass and ID in hand when you get to the front of the line.
- Wear slip off shoes and a light coat, weather permitting.
- Liquids must be less than 3.4 ounces, bottles must fit in 1 quart bags,
and be placed in a bin for screening. Carry an empty water bottle and
fill it at a drinking fountain once you’re past security.
- Have laptops and large tech items easily accessible
- Use TSA Pre-Check (https://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck)
for a fast and easy screening process (short lines, no shoe removal, no liquid
checks, no computer removals)
Boston Logan offers free WiFi throughout the airport. Kidport play areas are located in Terminals A, B and C.
Food & Drink at Boston Logan:
- Logan offers many options for that early morning cup of coffee: There are multiple Starbucks in each terminal. Other options include Peet’s Coffee and Tea, Illy, Au Bon Pain and Dunkin Donuts.
- Want to eat before dropping off your car? Some locations near our facility include:
- Mario’s Restaurant, 347 Chelsea St, Boston (Italian, 0.9 miles)
- Rino’s Place, 258 Saratoga St, Boston (Italian, 1.4 miles)
- Rincon Limeno, 409 Chelsea Street, Boston (Latin American, Peruvian, 2.1 miles)
- Oliverira’s, 297 Chelsea Street, Boston (Brazilian, Barbecue, 0.7 miles)