Phoenix Sky Harbor Info to Make Traveling Easier
Phoenix Sky Harbor is a major hub in the Southwest, serving over 40 million passengers a year. Here are some tips to make traveling via PHX easier.
Busiest Days and Times: Early morning, Monday-Friday. Spring break travel makes March a busy month.
Security Tips and Checkpoint Wait Times
- TSA screening times vary, depending on departure times. Mid-day, they range from 5-20 minutes, but you can do a same-day check of screening line times at:
Phoexnix Sky Harbor is open 24 hours; security checkpoints typically open 90 minutes before the first flight.
Make sure you enter through the right terminal, as going to another terminal means going through security again.
Make TSA screening easier on everyone:
- Have your boarding pass and ID in hand when you get to the front of the line.
- Wear slip off shoes and a light coat, weather permitting.
- Liquids must be less than 3.4 ounces, bottles must fit in 1 quart bags,
and be placed in a bin for screening. Carry an empty water bottle and
fill it at a drinking fountain once you’re past security.
- Have laptops and large tech items easily accessible
- Use TSA Pre-Check (https://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck)
for a fast and easy screening process (short lines, no shoe removal, no liquid
checks, no computer removals)
Sky Harbor provides free WiFi in all terminals. PHX Sky Train connects Terminals 2, 3 and 4. There are nine areas for pets to stretch their legs and get a relief break.
Food & Drink at Phoenix's Sky Harbor Airport:
- Best options for early morning coffee: Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Terminal 2), Peet’s Coffee and Tea (Terminal 4), Starbucks (all terminals).
- Want to eat before dropping off your car? Some locations near our facility include:
- Ruby Tuesday, 4415 East Monroe Street, Phoenix (American, 0.1 miles)
- Stockyards Restaurant, 5009 E Washington St, Ste 115, Phoenix (Steakhouse, American, Seafood, 0.8 miles)
- Avanti Restaurants, 2728 E Thomas Rd, Phoenix (Italian, 4.3 miles)